The final round of the regular season for the MN Blizzard. The Blizzard were up against the Lubbock Tornadoes, who we beat in week 3. The Blizzard have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, but it would be nice to end the season on a high note with a win. NM Frank Johnson joined the team for the final round! Great to see Frank playing again.
Board 1: IM John Bartholomew is back and faces a very strong IM (2600+ USCF!). Game Link.
Board 2: NM Frank Johnson debuts for the Blizzard against Steven Breckenridge. Game Link.
Board 3: FM Kevin Wasiluk takes down an International Master! Game Link.
Board 4: NM Dane Mattson wins with the Black pieces against a WIM. Game Link.
MN wins the match 2.5-1.5! The team only missed the playoffs on tiebreaks.
|Team||W||L||Game Points||Opps Avg Rating|
|# - Dallas||6.5||3.5||24.0/40 (60%)||2408|
|@ - St. Louis||6.5||3.5||23.0/40 (58%)||2403|
|@ - Las Vegas||6.0||4.0||21.5/40 (54%)||2398|
|@ - San Francisco||6.0||4.0||19.5/40 (49%)||2402|
|@ - Seattle||5.5||4.5||22.0/40 (55%)||2405|
|@ - Arizona||4.5||5.5||19.5/40 (49%)||2404|
|X - Minnesota||4.5||5.5||17.0/40 (43%)||2397|
|X - Lubbock||4.0||6.0||19.5/40 (49%)||2382|
|X - Rio Grande||4.0||6.0||18.0/40 (45%)||2389|
|X - San Diego||2.5||7.5||16.0/40 (40%)||2395|
- GM Wesley So won game of the week in week 7 and had a performance rating of 2708. His scored 2.5/4 this year.
- GM Flores also scored 2.5/4 and played against three GM's.
- IM John Bartholomew scored 4/6 with a performance rating of 2639!
- IM Sean Nagle scored 2/5 with draws against many top players.
- IM Andrew Tang scored 2.5/6, scoring a couple of wins early in the season with the Black pieces.
- FM Kevin Wasiluk finished the season on a high note to end 1/2 for the team.
- NM Dane Mattson had a few long trips down to Minneapolis, but he didn't let that phase him! Dane scored 1.5/3 with a performance rating of 2324.
- NM Matt Jensen played one round to the team losing against an FM.
- NM Andrew Titus played two matches against an FM and NM.
- Eric Bell was solid on board 4 with a performance rating of 2061, scoring 1.5/4.
- Saumik Narayanan played two games on board 4 against stiff opposition.
Thanks to the mangers, tournament directors, players and supporters for a fun first season. We will be back next year!